Mohamed Gahche an Algerian native immigrated to the United States in 1991. As a new immigrant, Mohamed worked endless days and nights at various jobs in different industries such as Telecommunications, Finance, accounting, Sales, US government and hospitality industry. He has through this long experience earned himself respect from his peers as well as an outstanding stature in his ability effectively solve problems. With hard work, patience and dedication for success, Mohamed worked as the Director of Operations at the Sheraton Starwood chain. With his 20+ years of experience at various leadership positions, Mohamed gathered a wealth of knowledge at dealing with difficult social issues and finding resolutions.
Mohamed is a dedicated person who has been involved with the Algerian community at large and especially in the greater Washington area; he has been and still is a remarkable helping hand to every new Algerian immigrant that crosses his way. Mohamed helped them with finding jobs, housing, schools, etc... He also guided them through the American system and made their experience as new immigrants less painful and more enjoyable.
Mohamed completed 4 years of studies in economics for a Ph.D. (ABD), earned a Master’s of Science in economics and Finance at the University of Nice France and a Bachelor of Science in Finance.
His passion for politics combined to his willingness to help the community and his pleasant personality make Mohamed a person of high moral and ethic standing.
- Johns Hopkins University, Washington, DC. USA - Master’s Degree in International Public Policy
- Sophia Antipolis University of Nice, Nice, France - Master’s Degree in Economics and Finance.
Thesis on: “Petroleum Price Instability and Macroeconomics Dynamics of Development
- Sophia Antipolis University of Nice, France - Ph.D. (ABD) in Economics and Finance .
- Starwood Leadership University, Miami, Florida - Certified Director of Training.
- Starwood Leadership University, New Orleans, Louisiana - Certified Director of Hospitality.
- Starwood Leadership University, Maryland - Certified in Train the Trainer.
- Adaytum University – Minnesota - CPA (Certified Professional Adytum)
- Northern Virginia Community College – Virginia - Oracle DBA
Over 23 years of total work experience. Experience includes assisting government and commercial clients with strategy development and planning process design, through solving complex business problems and implementing solutions. Experience extends to general management consulting, financial planning, financial analysis, financial reports (balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flow, statement of owner equity), statistical analysis, payroll, accounting, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, contract preparation, business development, fundraising, recommendation of market models based on utility and improved organizational efficiency.
Strengths & Areas of expertise include:
- Financial, Logistics and Program Management.
- Financial Analysis, Planning and Reports.
- Public Relations, Political Sciences and Diplomacy
- Strong Presentation and Communication skills.
- Strong Computer and Analytical skills.
- International Law, International Finance & Taxes.
- Human Resources and Training.
- Healthcare (Domestic & International).
- Business Development, Negotiations & Joint Venture.
- Government Contracts / Subcontracts.
- General Ledger and Sub-Ledger.
- Bookkeeping and Accounting Operations.
- Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- SEC requirements and GAAP standards.
- Bookkeeping and Accounting Operations.
- Chart of Accounts (Asset, Liability, Income, Expense, and Equity) & all accounting principles.
- Human Trafficking and Refugees.
- Democracy & Human Rights
- Knowledge of fundraising, grant, donors, charities associations, foundations, corporations, and unions.
- Expert in North Africa and Middle East.
- Act as liaison with embassies, the chambers of commerce, and international development organizations such as the World Bank, IMF & UN.
- Vice President, International Business Development: McMark, LLC, (Virginia, USA).
- Business Development Consultant: ESTECH International: (Virginia, USA)
- Congressman (MP)/ Representative: [Americas, Asia & Oceania]: & Member of Foreign Affairs, Immigration and Cooperation Commission: APN – (Algeria)
International Representations and Assignments:
- Assigned as the Algerian Representative for the Algerian Parliament to the United Nations – New York for several international cases.
- Director of Operations, Starwood – Sheraton (Hospitality Industry )(Virginia, USA).
- Director of Training, Starwood – Sheraton (Hospitality Industry )(Virginia, USA ).
- Director of Operations, Starwood – Westin (Hospitality Industry )(Virginia, USA).
- Director of Revenue, DoubleTree by Hilton (Hospitality Industry )(Virginia, USA).
- Vice President of Business Development - PUMA Systems, Inc. (Virginia, USA).
- Sr. Financial Analyst - PUMA Systems, Inc. (IT, Government Contract) (Virginia, USA).
- Sr. Financial Analyst - Global Management Systems, Inc, (IT, Government Contract) - (Maryland, USA)
- Sr. Management Consultant –Alleon-GMSI - Sony and Lucent Technologies.